Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BACK TO THE MOUNTAIN

 
Posted by Picasa

For a long time my abode
was on a level plain
where round and round I strode
looking up and down again.

Wondering where I should go
and pondering where I'd been.
You'd think that I would know
the difference 'tween good and sin.

But down in the valley I went
to grovel in the muck.
To all appearences, hell bent,
and without any semblance of luck

Back to the plain once more,
a respite in the plan,
with happiness galore
and really being a man.

Only to slip and slide
with my eyes heavenward,
always up from where I abide,
as if I were a free-flying bird.

So, to the mountain my steps
took me from down below
and I rested from my attempts
to find a place to go.

But good things, it seems,
are not for me to gain,
except in my dreams,
down again, yet I retain...

the thought that it will come,
that day when once again
I will return where I come from,
Back to the Mountain.

2 comments:

roseart said...

I love this painting! Your work should be hanging in galleries all over!
And your Poetry! Your a genius when it comes to writing!

WONDERFUL WORK!

Anonymous said...

All of your work is outstanding! It's hard to find the best one!